Friday, March 5, 2010

Dog Eat Dawg!

Henri and I had supper at McAlister’s Deli last night. From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., McAlister’s donated 10% of sales to Hospice of Southern Illinois. Neither of us ever needs an excuse to dine out, and this also was a benefit for a good cause. We were eating during the first part of the Drake Bulldogs/SIU Salukis basketball game in St. Louis, but I was quite excited when we returned home to hear the Dawgs were leading by ten points at the end of the first quarter. I thought I finally might win the $2.00 bet I had with Henri. This was not meant to be. The Dawgs ended the game in their typical fashion – a loss, 63-61. The Drake Bulldogs probably had a Dawg burger cook out after the game. I’m sorry the season is over, but I won’t be losing any more money to Henri.

The weather is beautiful today, 50º and sunny. I’m in the mood for spring cleaning, and I don’t get in this st
ate of mind often. The room receiving my attention is the bedroom. Moving some furniture, laundering the bedding, washing baseboards, dusting, and vacuuming are therapeutic. I’m tired of dust, and when I get finished it will be gone. I know it will come back, but I can enjoy a clean room for a little while.

While cleaning the dust from the ceiling fan, I got an idea for an invention. Why doesn’t someone patent an apparatus to install in ceilings to remove dust? I envision this as a device the size of a fire sprinkler with a strong vacuum intake to attract all dust particles in the room. These could be installed in the ceilings of all rooms and hallways and work on the same principle as a central vacuum system. All dust would be discharged through a vent in the roof and land in Bogey Bernie's house. Maid Mary would be dusting all the time, and I would never have to dust again. In the meantime, Ginger’s on a cleaning mission. I wonder how long this will last???

No comments:

Post a Comment