Thursday, March 4, 2010

The End Is Near

One of my favorite comics is Frank and Ernest. Yesterday, they had an appropriate message. Get with the program or suffer the consequences. The 9th place Southern Illinois University Saluki Basketball Dawgs are playing against the 8th place Drake University Bulldogs in the first game of the Missouri Valley Conference Arch Madness in St. Louis tonight. SIU’s overall record this season is 15-14 while Drake’s overall record is 13-18, neither of which is very impressive. The winner of this game will play the University of Northern Iowa Panthers (25-4) tomorrow, but I doubt SIU will be UNI’s opponent. Henri and I have our usual $2.00 bet on tonight’s game. I always take the Dawgs, and Henri always takes the opposing team. I have done more than my fair share to enhance Henri’s financial status this basketball season; however, this will probably be the last $2.00 I lose this year. I’m trying to be optimistic, but I think both the snowman and the Dawgs are in for a serious meltdown! There’s always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment