Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Help Wanted: Partner and Investors

I thought of this multi-million dollar idea some time ago, and now it’s time to do something about it. The problem is I need a partner who is technologically savvy and investors to make this a reality. Two events on Sunday stimulated my thoughts on this product. We had a brief power outage, and I saw a Best Buy advertisement for a universal remote which can control up to 15 devices.

The most annoying aspect of brief and repetitious power outages is that all digital clocks are flashing 12:00…12:00…12:00…. Each time this happens, we have to reset two clock radios, the telephone answering machine, the coffee maker, the stove, and the microwave. It’s especially frustrating later if the power goes off again after all these clocks are set, and we have to repeat the process. After seeing the advertisement for the universal remote, my plan is to modify this device to reprogram digital clocks affected by power outages. The universal remote would be programmed to send a signal to a receiver in each piece of equipment to reset it to the correct time. This doesn’t sound difficult, and I think there would be great demand for this product. All I need now is a partner and some investors who want to make millions to make it happen.

1 comment: