Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday

Thursday, a work day, begins at 7:00 a.m. I was supposed to work Wednesday afternoon, but that was cancelled because the new office heater smelled like kerosene. I wasn’t too upset. The heater got replaced today, and our high tech office (see picture) is back in business again. I was also supposed to go to a board meeting at the Egyptian Area Agency on Aging yesterday, but the meeting was cancelled due to “lack of issues.” I guess we all slow down at this time of year.

Because everything I had planned to do yesterday was cancelled, I put my time to good use. I picked up my new glasses, and the frames I bought over a year ago finally have lenses. I also renewed my driver’s license and paid the inflated $30.00 fee. I got a new plastic license good for four years with a new picture but with the same height and weight I’ve had for about fifty years. I figured the weight (although not exactly accurate) was close enough. If an officer of the law stops me, I doubt he/she will have a scale.

Henri didn’t go to the hospital for his exercise class today. He said he had a bad night and decided to sleep later this morning. He even missed the monthly luncheon at the hospital. He is getting back into his chef routine at home. The menu last night was fettucine alfredo, and tonight’s entrĂ©e in chicken fried rice. In addition to being a very good cook, Henri also likes to cook.

The weekend is almost here. The weather is warm but cloudy, rainy, and miserable. What can Gram Ginger plan for excitement this weekend???

No comments:

Post a Comment