Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Real World

I went to work today for the first time since before Christmas. I didn’t have to be there until 9:00 a.m. because lawn care slows down when there is snow on the ground. In the last several weeks, I have gotten lazy. My normal day usually begins around 9:00 a.m. and ends about 12:30 a.m. I get eight hours sleep; my eight hours are just not the same as those of most people. I intend to pursue some restful time this weekend. I will be traveling north to visit two of my sisters-in-law, Lucy and Ethel, and my father-in-law, Gibby. We chose this weekend because Uncle Ernie (see picture) is in Florida for two weeks. We hate to see Ernie begging to be included in our plans so it’s best to get together while he is away. Henri is staying home. All I have heard since the beginning of the week is that he is going to make beef stew while I am gone. I hope he eats all of it before I return!

The blog will be on vacation Friday, January 15 through Monday, January 18. Faithful readers, I hope you don’t have Gram Ginger withdrawal while I am away. I’ll be back to brighten your lives on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment