Saturday, January 2, 2010

Henri's Sick

Today will be a slow day. Henri and I didn’t plan to party on New Year’s Eve, but we intended to go out for dinner that night. Plans are made to be broken, and Henri’s distress with a cold kept us home. Henri started feeling miserable Thursday afternoon with the typical cold symptoms: stuffy/runny nose, headache, chills, and ache all over feeling. He fell asleep in his recliner in early evening, awakened at midnight, and went back to sleep until morning. Henri's recliner partners were Vicks and Kleenex. Henri felt a little better yesterday. I made the traditional ham and bean soup loaded with onions and celery and then decided I needed some time out. Dillard’s had a terrific extra 50% off the clearance price sale, and shopping is a good cure for the winter blahs. I bought some new “glad rags,” and there’s still plenty of cold weather left to wear them this season. I’ll have to cut back on some of the sweets I’ve been enjoying the last couple weeks or I won’t be wearing them long. Henri, I hope you’re feeling better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment