Monday, February 8, 2010

Fessin’ Up To ‘Roids – Politicians, Athletes, Ginger

Since the Illinois primary election last week, the Illinois Democratic Party has even more problems. The governor and lieutenant governor candidates are elected separately in the primary. The winning candidates then run as a team in the general election in November. Governor Pat Quinn, our current governor, was the winning candidate in the governor’s race. The lieutenant governor winner was Scott Lee Cohen. Immediately, there was a movement within the Democratic Party to encourage Cohen to drop out. He is described in an article in today’s paper as “a steroid-using pawnbroker with an alleged track record of domestic abuse.” He was arrested five years ago for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend who had once been arrested for prostitution (but he didn’t know she was a prostitute). Last night, Cohen succumbed to party pressure and withdrew his candidacy.

In January 2010, Mark McGwire admitted he used steroids off and on for nearly a decade, including the 1998 season when he broke the single season home run record. McGwire’s possible use of steroids had been a topic of discussion for many years during the time he played for the St. Louis Cardinals. In October 2009, however, Mark McGwire (before his confession) was hired as the hitting coach for the St. Louis Cardinals.

It’s time for Ginger to come clean. With all the attention given to steroid use, I want to make it known that I have used steroids - two steroid injections in my right foot in the last ten years. The reason I am ‘fessin’ up at this time is to prevent any malicious insinuations in the news media about my steroid use if I ever run for political office or aspire to a position with the St. Louis Cardinals. …the truth will set you free.

2 comments:

  1. I too use steriod....for my ecezma, and I speed....a lot
    I heard a good joke the other day from a patient.
    We should elect all the Governors in Illinios for 2 terms, one in office the other in jail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea. "Commit the crime" during the first term; "Do the time" during the second term!

    ReplyDelete