Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rangerville

Welcome to Rangerville. Henri had the honor of driving the new Ranger home yesterday afternoon. Our driveway looks like a Ranger Rescue location. The Salukis have Brown Dawg and Grey Dawg, and we have Brown Ranger and Grey Ranger. Brown Ranger will be leaving on Valentine’s Day, February 14. He has been adopted by our son, Kip, and his family and will be going to live with them in Edwardsville. We’re glad he’s going to a good home, and we’ll be able to see him from time to time. Of the many cars in my past, I was only attached to one – a brand new burgundy 1967 Mustang. This was the first new car I ever had, and the first car I bought with money I earned. I bought it the summer before I married while I was teaching in DuQuoin. Within three months, a woman (in a big, heavy car) rear ended my Mustang and pushed it into a car (another big, heavy car) in front of me. My brand new Mustang looked like an accordion. It was repaired and eventually sold, but I still miss it today. During my working years, I had company cars. One was a red 1998 Mustang, but it didn’t have the personality or power of the 1967 Mustang. Old cars are like old loves – we don’t forget them. Henri, enjoy your new Ranger. A new burgundy Mustang might be in Ginger’s future!

No comments:

Post a Comment