Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine Birthday

On Valentine’s Day two years ago, we met Drue Marie (Ms. Drue), our seventh grandchild, for the first time in the nursery at Heartland Regional Hospital, Marion. Today is her second Valentine birthday. We have eight grandchildren ranging in age from nine months to eleven years, and three of these, Kale, Bradynn, and Drue, have celebrated their second birthdays within the past five months.

Ms. Drue lives with David (Daddy), Missy (Mommy), Brother Dale (Bubba), and Tootsie (Barking Miniature Dachshund) near Anna, IL, about 30 miles south of Marion. I think David and Missy chose the name Drue Marie because they wanted to use the initials D and M. If they had consulted me, I would have suggested Ginger or Valentina. I may be partial, but I think Drue might resemble Daddy David and maybe even Grandma Ginger.
Drue will have a birthday party this afternoon, a time for gifts, food, and fun with family and friends. Best wishes for a Happy 2nd Birthday, Ms. Drue. Love from Grandpa Henri and Grandma Ginger.

P.S. Happy Valentine’s Day to all my faithful readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment