Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Love a Bargain


I’ve discovered the perfect way to spend Wal-Mart gift cards for something useful. I love a bargain, and I can’t think of anything I have for which I paid full price. I don’t classify myself in the category of the People of Wal-Mart, but I do like “falling prices.” A couple months ago, Wal-Mart started selling caskets on-line. Costs, which start at $895.00 (see picture, regular price $999.00), can be paid over twelve months with no interest charges. There are some stipulations, however, regarding shipment and return. The casket will be shipped via freight, usually FedEx, and delivered curbside. Someone must be home to accept delivery. Wal-Mart recommends the recipient enlist help to move the casket into the garage or house. It is advisable to check all specifications before ordering because Wal-Mart only allows returns due to damage from shipping. Caskets cannot be returned to a Wal-Mart store, and there are no refunds. We are familiar with preplanned funerals to avoid inflationary prices. Ordering a casket from Wal-Mart and keeping it at home is more practical. The person could decorate it to his/her personal taste. Until it was needed for its real purpose, the casket would be ideal for extra storage space. It might even be the perfect place to store the artificial Christmas tree. Plan ahead. Purchase ahead. According to the Boy Scouts, we need to “Be Prepared.”

No comments:

Post a Comment