Thursday, December 24, 2009

To Wrap or Not To Wrap


I wonder who originated the idea of wrapping Christmas gifts. I look upon wrapping as a labor of love, a necessary evil: mitred corners on boxes - Yes, ribbons and bows - No! When all else fails, gift bags are the answer. Some people package their gifts beautifully, but that is not my talent. If we had lived a century ago and received oranges and apples as gifts, no wrapping would be necessary. Now, the quantity of gifts gets greater each year, and there is more wrapping to do. When the kids were younger, we had countless presents to wrap (Click on picture. Have we changed in ten years???). Henri always helped, and once we even put Kristi on the wrapping payroll. One year, I had to visit my friendly chiropractor after wrapping gifts for hours while bending over the kitchen table. Our children are older now and appreciate green gifts – cash – which is very convenient. The grandchildren will have green gifts but also wrapped surprises. After all, Christmas is for everyone, especially the children.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, but you missed acknowledging yesterdays Festivus celebration. Yes, Festivus is a holiday created on the Seinfeld series by George's dad. Visit aol and you can access all the information about Festivus.
    Happy Belated Festivus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about Festivus. Check the blog on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't ever remember being paid for my wrapping, but if you guys were holding it to gain interest I will go ahead and take it! thanks

    ReplyDelete