Friday, December 18, 2009

My Kind of Day

Today is the first day this week I did not have to get up early. I like to stay up late at night and get up late in the morning. I definitely agree with an unknown author’s opinion of rising early: “If people were meant to pop out of bed, we’d all sleep in toasters.” Henri is a morning person. When the kids were younger, Henri would vacuum the halls at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings chanting: “If you hoot with the owls at night, you can’t soar with the eagles at dawn.” It’s just Henri and I in the house now, and we have reached a compromise. I hoot with the owls, and Henri soars with the eagles. We don’t clutter the sky at the same time.

After greeting the sunrise this morning at 9:28 a.m., I decided this would be a laid back, no make-up day. The weather is supposed to get cold and possibly snowy tonight, and it’s a good time to do inside work. Henri will prepare one of his specialties, grilled cod, for supper. We’re living in the slow lane today.

1 comment:

  1. Henri needs to come stay with his grandsons, and I can come stay with Ginger. The boys must have inherited thier grandfathers sleeping!

    ReplyDelete